The Community Exchange in Altona Inc. is currently looking for a self-motivated and organized Administrative Assistant to oversee the day-to-day activities of the organization. We are looking for two part time positions. Position #1 = 15–20 hrs a week, position #2 = 5–10 hrs per week. Positions could be combined into one equaling 25-30 hrs per week. The position will be located in Altona. If interested you can contact through this link.
• Answer phone and electronic inquiries;
• Manage TCE calendar: schedule programs or events, meetings, activities;
• Assist with program delivery, including monitoring the use of space, office supplies;
• Provide support for program participants (use of computers, photocopier);
• Gather, research and develop communication/promotional material;
• Research grant opportunities and assist with applications;
• Update social media and website;
• Prepare monthly program activity report;
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
• Responsible and self-directed, can work individually or as part of a team;
• Good problem solving skills.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent education required
• Administrative assistant experience an asset
• Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
Applications excepted until noon on Monday, September 5, 2022
The Community Exchange in Altona (TCE) is a non-profit organization established to operate as a hub in Altona to make a positive difference in everyday lives and to promote health and well-being. The goal of TCE is to connect people to a network of supports and services essential for actively learning, working and living in the community of Altona and the surrounding area.