DO YOU ENJOY COOKING? If yes, we have a position for you!
The Gardens on Tenth is a non-profit organization that provides housing, meals, activities, support, and other services to seniors.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Prepare and cook meals according to recipes.
- Prepare cold foods.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Set-up and break down workstation.
- Serve food in proper portions.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Follow all safety policies and procedures and report maintenance needs to Manager. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with tenants and Others staff.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Experience cooking and/or knowledge of traditional Mennonite dishes is considered an asset.
The hours of this position are alternating weekends 7:00am – 1:00pm with the possibility for more hours for holiday/shift relief.
We offer Competitive Wages
We thank all applicants for their interest – only interviewees will be contacted.
Applications available on our website or at The Gardens office: 140 10th Ave NE, ALTONA
Email: [email protected]