Please join us for Worship services in Ted & Dar’s backyard (253 2nd St. NW) EVERY SUNDAY MORNING @ 11 am except for Sept 6. You no longer need to notify Ted & Dar before attending but please read important details below before coming.
If weather is unfavourable the worship service will be at the eXchange. Decision to change venue to the eXchange will be made by 8:30 am Sunday morning so please check your email before you come.
Here is what you need to know in order to attend:
- Bring your own lawn chairs or blanket, snacks and coffee/tea, etc.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnic and linger for lunch after the worship service.
- Bathroom will not be available at Ted & Dar’s place unless it’s an emergency
- Please DO NOT ATTEND if you have tested positive for COVID-19 and are self-isolating or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- DO NOT ATTEND if have travelled outside of Manitoba to Eastern Canada in the last 2 weeks.
- Please DO NOT ATTEND if you are unwell, no matter how minor the symptoms.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING in family pods will be expected.
- Questions? Contact Dar by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 204-304-9080.
Scriptures for this week are taken from the Revised Lectionary Year A
Today’s Scripture: Romans 13:1-7
There are many ways to engage with scripture…here are 2 of them!
1. Use the Divine Reading (Lectio Divina) method of Praying the Scriptures. Listen while you read it slowly. Meditate on what you hear. Speak to God your prayer, thoughts, questions. Rest in God’s presence, let His presence wash over you as you sit in quiet.
2. SOAP – Scripture (read it) Observe (ask questions, research, etc) Apply (What does say to me in the present?) Pray (let God know what you’re thinking or questioning)